Raw Todo List for Ruby on Mac Ultimate
- Add YAML config for which things to install with npm and which gems
- When uninstalling other ruby version managers, check for presence in the shell file and remove that line
- Write post/video explaining Gemfile, .ruby-version, how to install the desired version, or update the one in the project.
- Use endoflife.date API to check latest Node version, or try fnm fnm/commands.md at master · Schniz/fnm
- Add CLI option to remove specific Ruby versions
- Add ENV var to specify where to put rubyonmac folder
- Add option to force update even if you already have latest version (this is mainly for me when I’m testing)
- Add CLI commands for the addons (gitconfig, repos, macosprefs)
- macos-prefs are not being updated. Need to separate update from install.
- Add macos-prefs to
rom update --customto let people merge latest changes
- If updating via CLI, don’t show success text about CLI?
- Detect if running under Rosetta and ask if they’re sure about that.
- Publish chart of which Ruby versions work on which macOS and arch
- Name backup files based on datetime, so that if you run reset mode multiple times, it always backs up and cleans up.
- Fix repos setup to use that TTY env var.
- Add CLI option for opening GitHub repo for a gem, or rubygems.org, like my Raycast shortcuts.
- Create new branch for choosing version manager and add the initial rbenv setup
- See if there’s a better yellow for Terminal. It looks greenish yellow and doesn’t look very good.
rom updatehelp description to explain you can either use the –path flag or set the env var
- Add CLI option to only run
rom-custom, such as when you add things to your Brewfile
rom fixcommand for common issues, like for Postgres or MySQL issues that usually happen after upgrades.
- Add CLI command to back up your Ruby installations, in case you delete them and then can’t install them again due to CLT changes.
- Add support for asdf’s
~/.default-gems: asdf-vm/asdf-ruby: Ruby plugin for asdf version manager